- What songs make me tap my foot, swing my hips and shake my booty?
- Who makes me want to be a better person?
- What type of pizza – although it may burn the roof of my mouth – makes me feel like I am in Naples, Italy even if I am in New Jersey at a hole in the wall in a strip mall?
- Which words make me want to capture them and put them in a bottle? My own private lightning bug words that will light me up when I forget what light feels like…
- Which friends have I lost along the way only to discover that they were there all along, stuck in a little cave-like piece of my heart that has a door which sometimes sticks but will open when pried very hard?
- What books do I want to carry with me as maps no matter how dog-eared and tattered as I roam through adulthood?
- Which memories make me smile no matter how badly my heart has been shattered? Which memories have the ability like glue to start picking the pieces of my heart off the floor and putting them back like the puzzle they are. Memories of eating pizza with my kids or playing backgammon or drinking whiskey in Paris or rolling down a hill in a white dress or the time you slept in the wrong house… those kinds of memories.
Please check out my latest on MindBodyGreen to read the rest and leave your comment there. I would love to hear what is on your own personal joy list.
Love you all, jen